- 17-Feb-2017 to 18-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Air Structures Production
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Life and 401K
We are a growing St. Louis based Manufacturing / Construction and Service Company, serving the building industry. We are expanding our team and are seeking working site supervisors and working production Leads / Supervisors experienced in all facets of general manufacturing and construction. Our success has been based on putting our clients first and having a positive work environment. We are looking for positive hands on individuals with a construction and or manufacturing background with the aptitude for construction. All experience levels welcome to apply. The currently available positions have extensive travel requirements minimum 1 week per month at times may require several weeks at a stretch.
Site Supervisor responsibilities
- Oversee the installation activities that take place on the worksite and will be involved in the supervision of subcontractors and co-workers
- Assure goals of projects are implemented and completed
- Deliver projects on time and on budget per construction budgets
- Ensure quality workmanship that meets required specifications
- Create and manage schedules and phasing plans for timely execution of projects
- Ability to implement and oversee installation and construction efforts on job site.
- Identifies and shares creative opportunities for value engineering
- Keep Project Management informed of all aspects of projects and activities
- Assure punch list and inspections are completed
- Maintains and reinforces safety protocol
Production Lead / Supervisor responsibilities
- Assist in leading the day-to-day activities of 15-30 employees
- Assist in leading plant activities, identify bottlenecks, develop and implement initiatives to improve productivity, quality, cleanliness, safety, and reduce costs
- Work well with other team members to ensure smooth plant operations are maintained
- Assign resources to meet daily production requirements.
- Oversee movement of inventory to production line, and report shortages in advance.
- Ensure timely completion of customer orders and initiate corrective action to avoid shipping delays
- Address all customer complaints and rectify problems regarding production.
- Evaluate employee performance and identify areas of improvement
- Enforce plant rules and code of conduct and administer appropriate discipline as necessary
- Track absenteeism and time keeping for all production personnel
- Ensure quality guidelines are followed at all times
- Ensure equipment and machinery mechanisms operate in a safe & efficient manner
- Perform daily safety inspections, audits and investigations
- Identify and implement plant-training programs.
- Manage plant and job site safety and develop a culture of safety as the way of doing business
- Report daily production and scrap to management team.
To be successful in this position, you must possess:
- Minimum of 5 years of lead / supervisory experience in a manufacturing or construction environment
- High energy 'on the floor ' management skills and willingness to jump into details to identify needed process improvements.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with strong follow through.
- Ability to travel 25 to 40% of the time.
- Ability to develop and implement creative solutions to recurring issues.
- Ability to create and foster team spirit and the ability to develop and coach team members to obtain optimal performance.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to work independently.
- Highly motivated personality, ability to set goals, willingness to be hands on as required and able to follow-up on initiatives.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.