- 17-Feb-2017 to 18-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Johnson MarCraft Production
- Maryland Heights, MO, USA
- Full Time
The Assembly position is responsible for assembling finished product according to customer specification sheet and company policies using sub-assemblies, parts, and fasteners, and complete components having medium to heavy parts on the floor and fixtures. Support the goals of the manufacturing departments by providing a diverse array of interrelated responsibilities.
FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Checks drawings to determine assembly and any special options.
- Checks stock bins for adequate supplies of sub-assemblies, parts, and fasteners for the particular job. Contacts Assembler Lead if shortages exist or incorrect parts are in bins.
- Maintain hand tools, equipment, inventory and any necessary supplies
- Checks drawings to determine required assembly, exterior finish on product, Checks drawings to determine required assembly, exterior finish on product, and any special options.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts, and sub-assemblies, per customer order.
- From experience, resolves assembly problems. Reports other problems to line mechanic or supervisor for assistance
- Maintains clean and safe working environment in line with company policies.
- Sets and installs coils, dampers, baffles, wall panels, exterior sheets and roof sheets
- Assist team leads with daily tasks
- Keep work area clean
- Performs other assignments or tasks as required by the department and company
- Must pick up any fasteners, nuts or bolts on the floor to avoid safety hazards.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have a can do, positive attitude and the ability to thrive working in a fast paced team environment.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of technical school or HVAC certification preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read tape measure accurately
- Ability to use hand tools
- Ability to operate assembly equipment
- Ability to properly operate material handling equipment including fork lift
- Basic math and vocabulary skills
- Experience working with sheet metal
- Carpentry or framing abilities a must
- Prior job site or factory experience in construction or assembly functions a plus
- Reliable transportation