- 17-Feb-2017 to 18-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Maryland Heights, MO, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Life and 401K
The Second Shift Welder will be responsible for providing quality welds on-time in the Base Jig/Frame Welding Departments. They will work closely with the Welding Supervisor and other department leads to complete all welding objectives and work through challenges in the most time and cost effective manner.
FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Work with the welding supervisor and other department leads to predict and prevent issues in quality and on-time delivery across the team.
- Maintain inventory and control the use of various welding consumables, and work with management to this inventory stocked.
- Assist management team in troubleshooting various fit-up, welding, or machine problems.
- Fabricates equipment by welding various galvanized, stainless steel, mild steel and aluminum metals. Repairs equipment by using welding techniques and appropriate welding equipment.
- Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded. Sets up, assembles, and tacks weld parts.
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 5+ years' experience welding with GMAW and FCAW on carbon steel, stainless steel, and aluminum. The ability to 'read' a weld puddle visually is necessary for this position. GTAW is a plus.
- Must be able to weld in all positions.
- Must be able to pass D1.1 structural welding certification test on 3/8" plate in 3G position using .045 Duel Shield Flux Core wire
- Must be willing to weld, do your fittings, and welding prep.
- Knowledge of AWS or similar welding specifications strongly preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well with a team and take direction from supervisors.
- Understanding of safety requirements specific to welding, rigging, and material handling, and also have a commitment to using safe practices in day-to-day work environments.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have your own welding hood and steel toe boots.
- Be familiar with using hand tools, power tools, Piranha Iron Worker, and plasma cutting.
- Strong background in structural welding is preferred. Pipe welding experience is a plus.
5+ years' experience welding with GMAW and FCAW on carbon steel, stainless steel, and aluminum. The ability to 'read' a weld puddle visually is necessary for this position. GTAW is a plus.